Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cherry Blossom

This is a quick post dedicated to the humble Cherry Blossom. I know we're coming into winter and it's not the time to be thinking about CB's but then I wonder if it could be precisely the time to be thinking about Cherry Blossoms. Something to look forward to. Perhaps to think about as an addition or the lone star of a bouquet or scattered about the place exuding charm and loveliness to all. 

I don't know if many brides have Cherry Blossoms, but they should. I do know that they are delicate and can fall about everywhere but I think that only adds to their beauty. They are the essence of impermanence and beginnings. They're fragile, just like beginnings can be.

My favourite garden in Mt Wilson has a spectacular Cherry Blossom walk. The branches curve over to each other and create a sort of tunnel. So when you look to the sky it is through a web of Cherry Blossoms. I especially love a weeping tree as that is exactly what I want to do when I see them!

Here are some lovely Cherry Blossoms to inspire.....

                                             


This one is especially lovely

CB's go perfectly blue skies. How could one not feel happy gazes up through these?

This one looks a bit like a peony doesn't it? I don't know the name of it which I guess I should try to find out....

Anyway, I'm thinking that maybe I could get Tim to come up with a CB design for our kitchen splash back. Then I could admire them while I'm cooking.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nina

    Completely unrelated to your post but you made my wedding gown nearly five years ago and I still absolutely adore it (photos at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=13045&id=652713031.)

    I see you now have a little girl - we have two absolute beauties. Trust things are well with you.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete