Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lacey Real Brides

Hello, I love the internet. After years of dawdling around on it,  just barely a bystander, I've finally got the hang of finding and collecting images. I've put all my brides into files and I feel organised at last.

So, here below is my lovely bride Alison and her hubby. They were married in Autumn. Her dress was made from silk satin with an Italian Macrame lace overlay. The lace is crazy actually when you look at it but it makes up to be quite vintage looking. It's not for everyone and it's certainly not traditional but who cares about that! 

The back was very low on the dress and the macrame fell in fishtail pieces under the buttons. I guess the front is quite low too but it's not a cheeky dress. It's a simple style and one that can look completely different depending on the fabrication. It has a little Hollywood glamour in an unfussy way. 
 


That is one enormous bouquet! 



Here's a bride from a while ago - Penny. A very cool chick who worked at Sass & Bide. This is taken in my old shop in Paddington (thanks be to God that I am no longer in Paddington!) which is why she looks less sparkly than the usual bride.

This fabric is also a crazy Italian lace. A silk linen with big burn out flowers. It was only ever creative people who bought it. In fact it took me some time to think of what to make in it! But I do love it. I don;t have any left now and I miss it! 


Finally to continue the theme of unusual lace, here is a dress for Danielle. This is obviously not her although she is the only person I have ever made a dress for who has the exact same measurements as my mannequin, so in many ways this is her!

The lace and colour underneath were her idea, the style mine. We wanted it to look like a vintage dress from the 50's. Which it does. She had green eyes so it looked amazing on her. Which was lucky as when she first bought in the rather acid green silk for underneath I almost wanted to run a mile! 



The lace was corded which is my favourite kind of lace. Anyway that's enough about that, Tim has made me a chai tea (his own special recipe) and it's calling me...... x


No comments:

Post a Comment