Wednesday, November 11, 2009

So a separate nod to Deadwood

Now I've never said I was trendy and my recent discovery of the HBO series Deadwood proves that I'm well behind the times. And maybe one shouldn't admit to a penchant for some of those American dramas. Six Feet Under, Madmen etc but really they can be just so good and perfect fodder for chilling out at night. Around the lunch table at the studio the other day we intellectualised Madmen for the entire repast before we realised what we were doing! Anyway, with most of them my attention usually wanes (Sopranos, Boston Legal) or I forget to watch a couple of episodes (United States of Tara) and that's that, but Deadwood I just adore.

You have to get beyond the constant use of expletives that they spit out at each other and of course the most horrid violence at times. It is the old West after all. Now I finally get the inspiration of the likes of Bonny Prince Billy, Tom Waits and the like. But anyway once you get over all of that then there is the dashing Seth Bullock to gawk at.

As I said perfect night viewing, ladies! He never smiles, see below. It's an illustration but it captures the moodiness of the man. Ha ha.


Where have these types of men gone eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment