Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Chiffon is a lovely fabric

I'm not sure if one can talk about the beauty of chiffon and how much I love the series Deadwood in the same blog post, but I'm watching the last episode of the first series as I write this so it's impossible to ignore. But as this is about bridal things after all, I will talk exclusively about chiffon.

Seeing as summer is coming up it's the perfect time for thinking of lovely light fabrics with lots of movement. Chiffon is in my opinion much nicer than georgette, it's lighter, more papery and much more diaphanous. And even though it's delicate it's not too precious, it survives the perils of travel and still looks great at the other end.

This is Alex in her silk chiffon dress. It has some tarnished gold lace around the neckline with an assortment of gold and pewter coloured beads for a little Bollywood effect (her description!) and she wears it with great aplomb I think.

See, a little wind swept action


Alex was very beautiful I thought


More movement which looks quite fun doesn't it?

So if anyone is thinking of chiffon, do it I say. It's so breezy and lovely to wear, you'll want to grab the skirt and just cha cha all night long.

No comments:

Post a Comment