Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Nice Wedding


Here are some pics of one of my brides - Helen - and her wedding. I don't usually include many pics from the whole wedding. Well, I usually don't get to see them either, but this time I did and I really like the whole feel of it.

Helen did almost everything herself I think. The cupcakes, the flowers, she made little scented birds and coconut ice to give as gift packages to all the guests. She printed all the paper herself too. I know that's probably a stressful thing to take on, but then again, if you're looking for something charming I wonder if that's the only way to achieve it.

Helen is a slightly bohemian looking girl in a late 60's, early 70's way to my mind, very creative and her husband was a muso so I had these visions in my head that she should look luminous and kind of like a maiden from the Renaissance period.

Her dress was in blushes, golds and champagne colours. Silk satin and silk chiffon. I used one of my favourite French laces that is rather heavily embellished with silk tulle and crystal beads. We did drapery around the waist to show off her great curves and of course there was lots of movement and fullness at the hem. I think she looks gorgeous.

They were married at Neilson Park in Sydney, which is one of my favourite beaches. Anyway, you can see how it all looked below.




































The photographer was Marzena. She did a great job I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment